I want to thank Patricia Mitchell, blogger at Fitness for Life, for nominating me to receive the 2016 Liebster Award. Please check out her inspiring blog at https://newfit40.wordpress.com.
Here are the rules:
My responses to Patricia’s questions:
1. What made you decide to start a blog? I recently made the decision to focus on my blessings, rather than my life’s imperfections, and to strive to live a more authentic life. My blog reflects this mission (struggle).
2. How did you discover your life path/career? To be honest, I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I realize that I’m running out of time! I really believe that you can have everything, but not all at once. I’ve been lucky enough to have had a career and to have been able to stay home with my kids when they were little. Right now, I’m trying to enjoy my last days with a preschooler. Not sure, what’s next…
3. What brings you joy? Peace and Harmony. I am happiest when my family is enjoying each other. Sibling squabbles make me crazy…actually all squabbling makes me miserable.
4. What is your favorite movie? Why? I think it’s a toss-up between Annie, Grease and Frozen. I really like musicals with happy endings.
5. Who inspires you and why? I can’t really name one source of inspiration. I find it in the strength and wisdom of my friends and husband, off-handed comments made by my children and sometimes even strangers I encounter throughout the day.
6. What is your favorite restaurant and favorite meal there? The mere mention of the word Chipotle makes my kids groan. I could eat a chicken burrito/bowl for every meal. It just never gets old.
7. What hobbies do you enjoy? Photography. I recently learned how to use the manual settings on my camera and am addicted. I love taking photos of my kids; I am also working to provide more original photographs for my blog, too. Tennis. I just started playing in a doubles league with a dear friend. It’s been so much fun! I love learning the strategy and the opportunity to work at a new skill. Books. My idea of a perfect vacation involves a quiet place with a stack of books. In my real life, I don’t allow myself to read as much as I’d like because once I start a book, everything else on my to do list doesn’t get done…
8. Who or what inspires your blogs? Life. My blog has turned into a form of therapy for me; it allows me to explore the lessons that life is trying to teach me.
9. What’s number one on your bucket list? I actually already crossed it off. When we lived in North Carolina, I really, really wanted to go to the Outer Banks and to see the wild horses. At the time, there were a million reasons why we couldn’t swing the trip. To celebrate our 40th birthdays, my husband and I took our kids to Carova – a 4 x 4 beach at the Northern tip of the Outer Banks and stayed for a week. It was my favorite vacation to date. We unplugged and played together as a family. In the evenings, we’d track the horses and play board games. It was incredibly recharging to get away from our everyday responsibilities and to just be a family.
10. What’s your favorite splurge/cheat meal? I have absolutely no will power when it comes to monster cookie dough. When I bake, I typically sneak enough of it to count as a meal!
11. When did you start your blog? I started my blog three months ago, as one of my New Year’s Resolutions. At this point, I think it’s safe to say that it’s stuck.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster award:
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What inspired your blog’s name?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is the best piece of advice that you’ve ever received?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- What has surprised you most about adulthood?
- What advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your greatest blessing?
- What is your favorite television show?
- What is your favorite quote?